Tuesday, June 23, 2009

MSProject Server Doesn't Exist?

Well, I installed MSProject Server onto a node of the web farm, and ran into a snag. When I tried to administer it via shared services, I got this error:
The Project Application Service doesn't exist or is stopped. Start the Project Application Service.

Checked the service, it was running according to the MOSS UI. Services MMC showed the other services as running. Nothing interesting in the event log.

Searched around, and found others with this problem. The most common suggested fix was
stsadm -o provisionservice -action start -servicetype "Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Administration.ProjectApplicationService, Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Administration, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71E9BCE111E9429C" -servicename ProjectApplicationService

Well, that didn't do it.

The solution? I could about kick myself. MSProject server needs to be installed on all nodes of the farm. It even says it in the instructions. Dumbass me...

No comments:

Post a Comment